SPARTAN SUMMER LACROSSE!
REGISTRATION WILL BE OPEN UNTIL 6/15 --- OR ONCE WE REACH 160 players
Spartan Lacrosse - 2018 SUMMER LAX Season
Separate sessions for BOYS and GIRLS
The cost for the 8-session Summer season is $115
Location: CREEKSIDE PARK in "The Farm" subdivision
Open to all boys & girls currently in Kindergarten through 8th grade
The Spartan Summer Program is limited to the first 160 players that sign up
We'll have 4 fields and two time slots (noted below) --- only 20 kids per field.
Limiting the number of players ensures each player gets increased reps during drills and better attention/feedback from the coaching staff.
Each of the 4 fields will have 2 teams of 10 players that play 7 v 7 during the game
• Spartan Coaches & current High School players will help us run the sessions
• Players will be required to have 'full equipment'
- BOYS: Helmet, Shoulder Pads, Elbow Pads, Gloves, Mouthguard, Stick
- GIRLS: Googles, Mouthguard, Stick
• The “Season” will run for 4 weeks on MONDAY and THURSDAY evenings
• The first session starts on MONDAY 6/25 and ends on THURSDAY 7/19
• Registration will open Friday May 11th and close on Friday June 15th
• Each session will last for 1 ½ hours
• Session 1: 5:00pm to 6:30pm --- All 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th graders
• Session 2: 6:30pm to 8:00pm --- All 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th graders
• The first 45 min will be focused on key offensive & defensive concepts
- Ex: The transition game, AJ slides, playing "topside", re-dodging, advanced shooting skills, the 2-man game, with lots of new skills and drills
• The second 45 min will be a refereed game
• All players and teams will be formed based on AGE and ABILITY
• Note: Newer players will be taught all of the key fundamentals and core competencies of lacrosse while experienced players will learn new techniques along with higher level concepts. (Ex: Top offensive plays currently run in our local High Schools - and how to defend them)
• A Spartan Black/White practice jersey is required to play
- Existing Spartan players will already have the B/W jersey from the Spring season
- New players (or if you lost your Spring practice jersey) can purchase a B/W jersey for $10 at the Summer Fields (Creekside Park)
- The jersey is necessary for the games
• Players will be broken out by grade: U7 (1st) up to U15 (8th). Some may 'play up' and some may 'play down' depending on experience
• Players will be broken out on 4 different fields of play
• Having our own Spartan Summer & Fall Lacrosse Leagues will help players continue to learn and improve in the 'off-season'
• The Summer league will also include a "Wall Ball" contest, Fastest Shot contest, and other prizes at each grade
On the Spartan "HOME" page, select “Register Online” from the far-left side
Select “COED-Boys & Girls”, then scroll all the way down to the bottom
Select the green “Register” under the Summer Lacrosse details
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions. 😊
LET THE SUMMER GAMES BEGIN!
Spartan Lacrosse Director